Bilingual Tour Guide (English and Mandarin)
Weta Workshop is on the hunt for a bilingual Tour Guide to join our Tourism Crew and deliver exceptional experiences in both English and Mandarin. The majority of your tours will be carried out in English, however fluency in Mandarin is required for tours on an as-needed basis. Our Weta Cave is the first port of call for people who love cool stuff. And, as a purveyor of said cool stuff, you'll be responsible for making their experience a great one.
Here's the deal. As the awesomely approachable face of Weta Workshop, you'll be rubbing shoulders with not only the most passionate and dedicated fan base on the planet, but families, film fans and people from all over the world. You’ll be energetic and charismatic and have a love for creativity in all its forms.
In this role you will:
- Provide outstanding guided tours and experiences in English and in Mandarin to guests from all over the world.
- Share background knowledge of our work with our customers, and do extra research when needed
- Maintain the highest quality appearance of yourself, the shop and the tour space.
- Be available to take part in event and function work
To qualify you'll need:
- Fluency in both English and Mandarin
- Confidence and charisma
- Great hosting skills with the ability to talk and engage with large groups (up to 50 people)
- Excellent customer service skills including retail and sales.
- Knowledge of the films Weta Workshop has been involved in
You'll also be a team player who is:
- A multitasker extraordinaire equipped to handle a very busy work environment
- Honest and trustworthy
- Friendly and approachable
- Flexible – you'll need to be available for casual on call work
Our hours of operation vary between 8am and 8pm, Monday – Sunday. Hours can be flexible, so we’ll need you to be flexible too.
This is a casual role – you must be available weekends
Keen to help make the Weta Cave the coolest visitor experience in New Zealand? Click the 'Apply' button below and attach your cover letter and CV. Applications close on 22 September 2019 or when we find the right person – SO APPLY TODAY!
Please note: You must already have in place the relevant visa for work in New Zealand.